EUROPEAN PROJECT SEMESTER
Course type: multidisciplinary
Course sector: Engineering
Course duration: 5 months
Semester: February –June (spring semester)
The EPS is a semester-long programme, which is designed to train graduate students to work in international teams. The semester is divided into two parts:
- A study programme including courses on different subjects such as project management, problem-solving techniques, sustainability, communication skills, cross-cultural behaviour, and languages.
- A real life project on site of and for a real company, performed by a multi-national, multi-disciplinary team of students.
Objective: to train students from different countries and different engineering fields to work together in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary groups.
The EPS consists of two complementary parts:
A project: during the semester and under the guidance of an academic tutor, an international team of 4-6 students works on a real-life multidisciplinary project for a Romanian or international company. Teams include students with different academic backgrounds from all over Europe. Individual and group tutorials will be offered during the semester.
Intensive courses: a short intensive programme with practical workshops on topics related to project management and professional communication will also be offered in order to improve project work. These complementary workshops will help students develop their communication and cooperation skills.
The following compulsory courses are included in the EPS study programme at UPB:
– Professional & Intercultural Communication/ Introduction to Romanian Language & Culture (2 ECTS);
– Project Management (2 ECTS);
– Technical English (2 ECTS);
-Technical Courses (4 ECTS) –
The programme also includes cultural and social activities.
The Design and Technology of a Corian Sink
Intelligent Autonomous Vehicle
Design and Construction of a New, Adaptable, Test bed mounting system for an Internal Combustion Engine
New Body Weight Suspension System for Medical Rehabilitation
Product design and construction using parametric design methods
3D Printed articulated arm robot with IoT capabilites
Design and Improvement of a Small Agricultural Tractor