Vice-Dean: Prof.dr.ing Stefania Paula STOLERIU
Vice-Dean: Ş.l.dr.ing. Maria Cristina TODASCA
Vice-Dean: Prof.dr.ing Cristian Pîrvu
Vice-Dean: Conf.dr.ing Paul Stănescu
Fields of study
Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials
Chemistry and Engineering of Organic Substances and Petrochemistry
Polymer Science and Engineering
Food Chemistry and Biochemical Technologies
Engineering and Informatics for Chemical and Biochemical Processes
Engineering and Environment Protection in Chemical and Petrochemical Industries
Control and Expertise of Food Products
The Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science goes back to 1867 when Chemistry courses were introduced and taught by professor Emanuel Bacaloglu in the former School of Bridges, Roads and Mines. The faculty is located in the Polizu buildings built starting with 1886 (A building). It is in this location that academician Alfons Saligny supervised the Chemistry laboratories between 1866 and 1903, being followed by Grigore Pfeiffer. During the period between the two World Wars, the young Emilian Bratu, Costin Nenitescu and Serban Solacolu were hired, who were then to become renowned professors and school founders.
The law for the profession of engineer and for setting up the Board of Engineers’ was enforced in 1938. In this context, within the Polytechnic School, the Faculty of Industrial Chemistry is set up, its first dean being professor Negoita Danaila.
The faculty has naturally evolved as new specializations, laboratories and research centres were set up to meet the demand for technological and scientific development. Nowadays, the faculty educates engineers (four years) in various specializations in the chemical industry. Besides the courses for the Bachelor’s degree, there are Advanced Studies for engineers as well as postgraduate academic schools, etc.
Every two years, the faculty supervises The National Conference on Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, taking an active part in the national and overseas scientific publications.