Students living in the two campuses have sports facilities in the following locations:
- The New Local sports hall – equipped with the latest and most modern sports accessories for team sports;
- The Natural Grass Football Field at Leu Campus;
- Soccer and basketball fields (synthetic surface) – next to the New Local sports hall;
- Fitness gym in R2 residence at Regie campus;
- Sports hall at Leu campus.
At a time when the notion of student-sportsperson no longer has the significance it once had, a sports club in Bucharest tries to renew the tradition of practicing sports in college.
Sports Club STIINTA Bucharest – www.stiintabucuresti.ro
The Sports Club STIINTA Bucharest was re-established in the first half of 2010, being included among the student sports clubs subordinated to the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sport.
The Sports Club STIINTA Bucharest has its headquarters at University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest and is affiliated to specialized federations for the following sports: handball, motorcycle racing, chess, volleyball, basketball, bridge and kempo.
Our mission is to create a nationally and internationally recognized sporting programme for our students and in doing so we are guided by a series of values that we hope to instill in the consciousness of every student / sportsperson that is part of our club: integrity, fairness, social responsibility , academic and sports performance.