UPB – gazda celei de-a 34-a editii a conferintei internationale ”Gestion de Données – Principes, Technologies et Applications” (BDA 2018)
Conferinta BDA, « Gestion de Données – Principes, Technologies et Applications », intalnirea anuala inconturnabila a comunitatii stiintifice francofone in domeniul bazelor de date, se va desfasura anul acesta in perioada 22-26 octombrie 2018 la Universitatea Politehnica din Bucuresti.
Organizata in colaborare cu Facultatea de Automatica si Calculatoare, editia de anul acesta se desfasoara in mod exceptional in Romania, ca o recunoastere a prezentei romanesti, numeroasa si activa, in cadrul acestei comunitati stiintifice. BDA 2018 isi propune cu aceasta ocazie sa favorizeze cunoasterea reciproca si dezvoltarea legaturilor intre cercetatorii romani si francezi in domeniul bazelor de date.
BDA 2018 invites industrial or academic participants to submit recent work that presents the scientific challenges and advances in this very dynamic field. Several categories of contributions are expected:
• Regular papers (10 to 12 pages max, ACM format): classical research papers.
• Short papers (4 to 6 pages max, ACM format): papers giving a feedback on research / industrial projects.
• PhD papers (2 pages max, ACM format): presentation of the PhD subject, with poster presentation during the conference.
• Demonstration papers (5 pages max, ACM format): presentation of a research prototype that will be subject to a demonstration during the conference.
For each category, two types of submissions are accepted:
• Not Published (NP): original papers, not published, or under double submission at the moment of the BDA notification.
• Published (P): papers already accepted or published in a major international conference and which could not have been submitted to the previous BDA conference (meaning published or accepted after July 17, 2017).
This category aims to attract the best papers from the French community and give their authors the opportunity to present their work. This is by no means a new publication. It also allows authors to show their attachment to the community.
When submitting, authors are invited to choose the type of submission (P or NP). The papers are evaluated according to the same criteria but in different flows. The proportion of P papers will be limited (fraction at the discretion of the program committee).
May 20: Abstract submission for papers and demonstrations
May 27: Paper and demonstration submission
June 10: PhD paper submission
July 14: Notification of acceptance for papers and demonstrations
September 9: Final version due
October 22-26: BDA 2018 conference
(Not exhaustive) List of topics
– Big Data and new paradigms of data processing
– Crowd sourcing, crowd mining
– Query evaluation, query optimization, data storage
– Data warehouses, data mining and knowledge discovery
– Data streams and sensor networks
– Web data and service management, cloud data management
– Management of various categories of data: multimedia, temporal, personal data, scientific data, uncertain data, etc.
– Transaction processing and concurrency
– Data integration, schema mapping, data cleaning
– Data quality
– Information retrieval and text mining
– Social networks, social web and data graphs
– Security and privacy
– Databases for emerging hardware
– Embedded database systems
– Database theory, data models, query languages
– Data visualization
– Semantic Web, Linked data, open data
Participarea cu contributii stiintifice la BDA 2018 este deschisa pana la 3 iunie 2018 (rezumat – pana la 27 mai), modalitatile si datele importante sunt prezente pe site-ul conferintei.